I am pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Marietjie Slabbert to the position of Medical Lead Critical Care Program effective March 15, 2018.
As Medical Lead Critical Care Program, Dr. Slabbert will be reporting to the Vice President Medicine and will be working in a co-leadership role with the Northern Health Executive Lead Critical Care Program, Beth Ann Derksen. The Medical and Executive leads will work collaboratively with other physician leaders, professional staff and other Health Authority Staff to provide leadership and support for the development of an integrated and coordinated Critical Care Program within Northern Health.
Dr. Slabbert is a Specialist Physician in Critical Care Medicine and Anesthesiology at the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia. She currently is the Medical Lead for ICU and Organ Transplant at UHNBC.
Dr. Slabbert has obtained the following medical credentials:
- Medical Degree at the University of Pretoria, South Africa
- EMS Transport Medicine and Retrieval Medicine at the College of Surgeons in
- Residency Training and double specialization CCT Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
Medicine at Oxford Deanery, UK
- Fellowship in Trauma and Critical Care Anesthesiology at Sunnybrook Health Science
Centre inToronto, Canada
- Fellowship by examination at the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada.
In her spare time, Dr. Slabbert enjoys spending time in nature and going on road trips.
Dr. Slabbert is located at UHNBC. She can be reached at 250-565-2000 or by e-mail at:
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Marietjie Slabbert as the Medical Lead, Critical Care
Dr. Ronald Chapman, VP Medicine