Northern Health is rolling out a new secure texting app called MicrobloggingMD (MBMD) to Physicians that enables sharing of confidential Patient information in a manner that is compliant with the privacy laws of BC and can also be used for consult requests.
A prototype was launched in May 2018 with a select group in Prince George and Valemount. Cut over to production MBMD occurred in November 2018.
Our current plan is to roll-out functionality in successive stages beginning with a core group at UHNBC and Prince George, followed by expansion into the Northern Interior Health Service Delivery Area (HSDA). Once the Northern Interior HSDA has been established, further roll-out is planned for the North Eastern and North Western HSDA’s of Northern Health.
All facilities with Northern Health credentialed practitioners and offering healthcare services within the Northern Health region are in scope for the MBMD Secure Texting project (including NH Employees, Fee for Service partners, Community Providers).
What is MBMD?
MBMD has been selected as Northern Health’s secure texting and notification system with integrated on-call scheduling. It improves clinical communications regarding patient’s needs, notifies physicians in a timely and respectful manner, displays current physician on-call scheduling, and provides optional notifications to physicians inpatient Admission, Discharge, and Transfer (ADT) from all NH facilities. The system is reliable, protects patient information, allowing for the full disclosure of clinical information among care givers within the Health Authority inclusive of sharing images and documents.
Benefits of MBMD:
- Reliable notifications to the caregivers smartphone
- Securely communicate patient needs while protecting patient information
- Enables patient safety by reliably and quickly notifying available physicians of patient needs.
- Accessible to all NH caregivers from a variety of internet accessible platfroms (PC, iPhone, Android Phone, Tablet, etc.)
- Uses Existing NH Authentication for Access
- ADT notifications available according to physician preferences
- Facilitates direct phone conversations where needed
MBMD App Support
MBMD Cerner ADT Patient List
MBMD Calendar Callboard