Email us to add your event!
BC Rural Health Conference (Nanaimo)
Event Start Date: 5/11/2018
Event End Date: 5/13/2018
The BC Rural Health Conference is hosted by the Rural Coordination Centre of BC and supported by the Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues (the JSC). The conference offers accredited learning (sessions and hands-on workshops) about topics involving rural medicine, emergency medicine, faculty development, and provider wellness. Designed by rural physicians, this event is facilitated and taught by BC physicians and provides practitioners with the opportunity to share knowledge, update and/or learn new skills, and to discuss cases within a larger group to facilitate learning and support.
More Information & Registration
- Interactive group sessions and inter-professional learning opportunities
- Hands-on skills workshops (tricky airway, ultrasound, suturing, IUDs and more!)
- Add-on courses: the HOUSE-OB course, HOUSE-EM course, BCALM Mindfulness workshop, and the ever-popular Wilderness course!
- Rural Locum Forum event (May 11)
- Presentation of the Awards of Excellence in Rural Medicine
- Complimentary childcare available during conference hours
- Social programming to include outdoor activities, yoga, and massage services!
- Opportunities to socialize and network with colleagues from across the province and beyond
Target audience: rural physicians, emergency physicians, family physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, PTs/OTs, midwives, paramedics, residents & students
Up to 12.75 Mainpro+/MOC Section 1
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized RCME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences.
Vancouver Island Convention Centre101 Gordon Street