Email us to add your event!
EOL Learning Session 3 (Prince George)
Event Start Date: 12/13/2017 5:00 PM
Event End Date: 12/13/2017 9:00 PM
The End-of-Life module will help you improve care for patients with life-limiting and chronic illnesses. You will learn techniques for having difficult conversations and developing care plans that take the patient’s wishes into account. Building skills and using tools for collaborative care is a key component of this module.
You will learn how to:
• Use specialized tools to help identify patients who may benefit from a palliative approach to care;
• Assess a patient’s illness experience and translate both their needs and preferences into goals of care;
• Determine whether the Compassionate Care Benefits and BC Palliative Care Benefits Programs are right for your patients, and how to apply for them
• Recognize key changes in each of the five transitions in terminal illness;
• Develop a care plan;
• Effectively collaborate with other providers and carers in supporting end-of-life patients, and
• Help make the end-of-life experience as comfortable for your patients as possible.
While the End-of-Life module was developed with family doctors in mind, specialists and medical office assistants are encouraged to participate
More Information and Registration:
Please contact Laura Parmar at the Prince George Division of Family Practice for more information.
Laura.email@example.com or by phone at 250-640-9912
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized RCME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences.
Ramada Hotel Downtown Prince George444 George Street