Join us in beautiful Tofino, BC for this biannual Foundations workshop which explores the theory and practice of mindfulness and meditation for physicians and for their partners. We will explore the unique challenges of medicine and learn tools of stress management, self compassion, resilience and self care to bring into our personal and professional lives. This four day workshop will take place at Long Beach Lodge Resort on the incomparable Cox Bay beach. Workshop half days will take place from 8am-12pm in order to leave plenty of time to explore the area and to put into practice the skills we have learned in our workshop mornings!
- Dr. Mark Sherman
- Define mindfulness and how its formal and informal practice can reduce suffering in ourselves, in our relationships, and in our patients
- Discuss the current clinical and neuroscientific evidence of mindfulness in relation to anxiety disorders, depression, chronic pain and other common clinical conditions
- Explore the epidemic of stress and burnout, particularly in relation to the unique challenges and opportunities of being a physician
- Learn and practice the application of mindfulness and resilience skills such as the body scan, SOBER breathing space, walking meditation and mindfulness meditation on the breath for use in personal and clinical practice
How to join:
- Registration required https://livingthismoment.ca/event/mindfulness-in-medicine-foundations-of-theory-and-practice-for-physicians-and-their-partners-4/
after registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the zoom information to join.
CME: This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 16.0 Mainpro+ credits.
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized CME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences.
Long Beach Lodge Resort
1441 Pacific Rim Highway
Tofino V0R 2Z0