Applications are now being accepted for the available 2018/2019 Seed Grants. Funding opportunities are available to a maximum of $5000 per quality improvement initiative. Submissions will be reviewed for approval by a Review Committee that includes patient partners, specialists, Northern Health and Doctors of BC representatives.
We will be accepting applications from January 9, 2019 to March 1, 2019.
What can be funded?
Examples of what can be funded include: paying for a student to help on a quality improvement (QI) project; reimbursing a nurse for their time working on your QI project; or paying for a videographer to help with your project. Physician’s time is reimbursed separately through the Physician Quality Improvement (PQI) funding. To identify if your request would be applicable, please contact your local PQI Coach:
• NE – Andrea Goodine firstname.lastname@example.org
• NW – Lee Cameron email@example.com
• UHNBC – Shelley Movold firstname.lastname@example.org
• Rural NI – Marna deSousa email@example.com
Required application content (your local PQI Coach can help you fill out the attached project charter form):
1. Project Sponsor sign-off
2. Completed Project Charter
1. Must be a QI project that facility-based Specialists/GPs identify within their work area that have an impact on patient care and express interest in leading.
2. Must be Quality Improvement not Quality Assurance.
3. Physician project lead must complete online LEAN White Belt Training or IHI Online Modules. (Jayleen will send you info on that training)
4. Must have an identified and confirmed QI support person (SSC PQI Coach, Northern Health QI Lead or Advisor).
5. Physicians must provide a progress report detailing project advancement for the duration of the project to their QI support person.
6. A final project storyboard must be completed and submitted to the Physician Quality Improvement Steering Committee.
For any questions, and to submit your completed application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission of application is March 1, 2019.
In 2016, a group of physicians, Northern Health administration, Ministry of Health and Doctors of BC representatives developed a proposal to support specialists, as well as facility-based family physicians, in quality improvement focused on improving patient care across the Northern Health region. The seed grant funding was created to support small projects that would springboard into potentially larger projects focused on patient and family-centered care.