Northern Health’s Medical Imaging departments strive to provide high quality, efficient diagnostic testing services to residents in the North.
Our clerks, technologists, radiologists, and administrative staff are committed to upholding the highest medical standards and providing physicians and patients with the diagnostic tools to improve health and wellness.
Northern Health Medical Imaging provides primary and tertiary services that includes image guided diagnostic and therapeutic services. View more information on medical imaging locations and tests.
Northern Health Medical Imaging embraces working collaboratively with other health authorities, a wide range of health practitioners and with the BC Ministry of Health striving to provide consistent and standardized services to our diverse patient population. The BC guidelines are produced by the Guidelines and Protocols and Advisory Committee (GPAC) a joint committee between the Doctors of BC and the BC Ministry of Health.
- Appropriateness criteria - Knee and hip (PDF)
- Appropriateness criteria - Knee and hip patient, when is it appropriate? (PDF)
- Appropriateness criteria - Lumbar Spine (PDF)
- Appropriateness regional checklist (PDF)
- Appropriateness UHNBC checklist - MSK and lumbar (PDF)
- MRI prioritization guidelines
- Requisition (PDF)
MRI central intake sites are:
Fort St. John
Northern Health Medical Imaging advocates for the use of the Provincial guidelines developed by the Specialist Trauma Advisory Network (STAN). STAN is a specialist advisory and oversight network for complex trauma cases across BC.
- STAN clinical practice guidelines: Comprehensive guidelines for trauma including BC imaging guidelines for major trauma.