- If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you will need a work permit to work in British Columbia.
- After accepting a job offer from Northern Health, a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) will be obtained on your behalf.
- A positive LMO is required as part of your application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for a work permit.
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) helps eligible candidates fast-track their applications for Canadian permanent resident status. To learn more about the program, including fees, process and requirements, visit their site.
Information for international applicants
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC: authenticates candidates’ credentials to grant registration as set out in the Health Professions Act and the Bylaws made under the Act.
- Practice Ready Assessment - BC: a pathway to receiving a BC license for Family Physicians who have completed their residencies outside of Canada.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada: confirms specialist candidates have met all the requirements necessary for Royal College certification.
- Welcome BC: live, immigrate, work in BC!