Physician Information Technology support
- If you need access to PowerChart from your clinic and are on the PPN (Private Physician Network sponsored by Doctors of BC), a free install of NHEverywhere is all that is needed. Instructions for downloading NHEverywhere can be found below.
- If your clinic is on a private network (like Shaw or Telus), you will need an RSA authenticator. To get an RSA authenticator, please call the service desk at 1-888-558-4357 (Option 2) or visit the user access page from a NH computer.
- Log into PowerChart. There is an [eHealth Viewer] button at the top of the page.
- If you have not yet registered, this will take you to the link to apply. If you are registered, this will take you to the eHealth Viewer.
Free software that can be installed on your PC, Mac or iPad. Some clients have also managed to get NHEverywhere to work on their android devices, but at this time we do not support this version. Please note, at this time printing is not supported over Mac and iPad.
VmWare Horizon View
Please select the appropriate link for your device to install the VmWare Horizon View client:
If you are locked out and need your password, from an NH computer, visit the password reset link.
- Navigate to "print.northernhealth.ca" in Internet Explorer. On the left side of the window, navigate to your building and floor.
- Most sites will have their printers displayed on a floorplan map. Small sites may not have a map, but will have a list of available printers at that location. Hover over the printer icon and click Install Printer, or single click on any printer located in the list.
- A small dialog box will appear asking you to confirm installation of that printer, in this dialog box you may also select this printer to be your default printer. When you are ready, click Yes to com-plete the installation of the selected printer, or select No to cancel
- When there is a care plan present, it should state this in the colored banner bar at the top of the patients chart. It will also display the date the last care plan was created. If it is older than 6 or 12 months, there is no need to look it up.
- Go to “documents” folder, then sub folder “shared care plan”.
- Note: It is labor intensive for family physicians to get the care plans uploaded so this is a work in progress.
ITS provides a contact email address for physicians ITHelp@northernhealth.ca. It is monitored on regular business days (no weekends or stats). Physicians can email non urgent questions or support issues. Turn around time for responses is usually within one business day.
- Access to Northern Health’s private Wi-Fi network service is only available for IOS and Android devices at this time (not laptops). If you need access you can call the Service Desk at 1-888-558-4357 (Option 2) or visit the user access page from a NH computer.
- Northern Health also provides a texting solution called MBMD which provides physician to physician SECURE texting. To apply, call the number above for the Service Desk.
What is MBMD?
MBMD has been selected as Northern Health’s secure texting and notification system with integrated on-call scheduling. It improves clinical communications regarding patient’s needs, notifies physicians in a timely and respectful manner, displays current physician on-call scheduling, and provides optional notifications to physicians inpatient Admission, Discharge, and Transfer (ADT) from all NH facilities. The system is reliable, protects patient information, allowing for the full disclosure of clinical information among care givers within the Health Authority inclusive of sharing images and documents.
Benefits of MBMD:
- Reliable notifications to the caregivers smartphone
- Securely communicate patient needs while protecting patient information
- Enables patient safety by reliably and quickly notifying available physicians of patient needs.
- Accessible to all NH caregivers from a variety of internet accessible platfroms (PC, iPhone, Android Phone, Tablet, etc.)
- Uses Existing NH Authentication for Access
- ADT notifications available according to physician preferences
- Facilitates direct phone conversations where needed
- Turning off conversation alerts
- MBMD Quick Reference
- MBMD App Support
- MBMD Cerner ADT Patient List
- MBMD Calendar Callboard
How to get MBMD support: For access related issues, please contact Northern Health ITS Service Desk.
On Wednesday, July 22, 2020, Microsoft Teams will replace Skype for Business
Northern Health is adopting a more modern online workplace. It will be provided starting Wednesday July 22nd through Microsoft Teams and the Office 365 platform. Other BC health authorities will also start using Microsoft Teams in the near future.
About Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is an essential component to support employees working from home, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Microsoft Teams provides streamlined experiences for online meetings and calls, document and content collaboration, high-velocity chat-based conversations, and the integration of apps and analytics. Microsoft Teams will replace Skype for Business for meetings, calls, presence indicators, and private chats. Learn more by clicking the links below and to the right.
Instructions and resources:
- Getting ready for Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams - FAQs
- Microsoft Teams - Quick Reference Guide
- Setting up Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- The planned move to Microsoft Teams
For support and issues, please contact Northern Health ITS Service Desk.