The UHNBC pacemaker program will have limited coverage starting July 31 until August 23, 2020. There will be pacemaker implant coverage available at UHNBC on August 12th, 2020. The memo provides direction for Northern Health pacemaker referrals during this time period.
For Emergent Inpatient Pacemaker Referrals (unstable, high risk or need a temporary pacemaker)
- Patients admitted between (July 31 and August 9) or (August 12th and August 23) shall be transferred to a tertiary facility outside Northern Health for permanent pacemaker placement. Some unstable patients requiring temporary pacemaker may need to be transferred to ICU in Northern Health before they could be transferred safely to other facilities.
- Patients admitted on August 10 or August 11th can be transferred to UHNBC for Permanent pacemaker placement. Please contact the on-call intensivist or Internal Medicine through the Patient Transfer Network to arrange transfers to UHNBC.
For Urgent (stable) Inpatient and outpatient Pacemaker Referrals
- Patients admitted between (July 31 and Aug 7) or (Aug 12 to Aug 18) shall be transferred to a tertiary facility outside Northern Health especially if the wait would exceed 5 days.
- Patients admitted between (August 8 and August 11) can be transferred to UHNBC for permanent pacemaker implant. Please direct referrals to the NH Cardiac Triage Coordinator.
- All outpatient pacemaker referrals during this time period shall continue to be directed to the NH Cardiac Triage Coordinator.
- Please send pacemaker referral to the NH Cardiac Triage Coordinator (Fax: 250-645-6315) using the Cardiac Implantable Device Request Form available on the Physician website.
For more information, see the full memo.