Toll-free: 1-855-605-7223 (RACE)
Northern RACE (Rapid Access to Consultative Expertise) is an advice line to support primary care providers in Northern BC. Northern specialist physicians will provide telephone support for non-emergent, patient-related questions. For more generic information, please visit the RACE connect website.
|RACE provides:||RACE does not provide:|
Northern RACE has been simplified to connect you with specialists in the following categories (the number corresponds with the option on the phone line):
0. RACE support team
1. Cardiology (Vacation Alert: Dec 30 - Jan 5 RACE calls will be directed to the provincial service 1-877-696-2131)
3. Infectious diseases
10. Radiology (Vacation Alert: Dec 23 - Jan 5 RACE calls will be directed to the provincial service 1-877-696-2131)
11. Child Psychiatry
- Northern RACE for Specialists and Primary Care Providers.
- If you are a specialist who is interested in providing consultative advice to general practitioners in Northern BC, please contact RCD.Communications@northernhealth.ca so we can arrange for a conversation with our medical lead.
- CME credits are no longer available when using the Northern RACE line. Please visit our CME event calendar to find accredited events near you. Go to the "Linking Learning to Practice" page on the College of Family Physicians of Canada website to learn more about this Mainpro exercise that you can apply for.
Share your experience with Northern RACE and help continue to shape our services
Our focus is to get feedback from Primary Care Providers and Specialists to learn directly from the users, what works well and what improvements are needed for the Northern RACE line in order to add valuable support to Care Providers in the North.
Please provide your feedback by completing the below survey: