Please join us virtually for Physician Learning Project (PLP) on psychedelics and complementary techniques: A virtual series. Learn about emerging therapies in mental health and wellness, with a focus on psychedelic medicine and complementary techniques in psychotherapy. Become aware of and learn more about therapies that patients may be seeking or have experienced, with underground providers or in clinical trials. Assess and explore the potential of incorporating the use of these emerging therapies in medical practice in the future (within regulatory frameworks).
This is session five of the seven-session learning series.
- Dr. Devon Christie
- List 2 reasons why psychedelic medicines should be considered adjuncts to psychotherapy in the context of treating mental health conditions
- Describe 2 specific psychotherapeutic approaches that have been combined with psychedelic medicines in the literature for PTSD and depression
- Discuss essential therapist skills that underlie common aspects of these psychotherapy approaches
- Discuss possible mechanisms underlying the synergy between psychedelic medicines and psychotherapy in treating mental health conditions
How to join:
- Registration required https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=jt2JcRBFCUW5hKDsHlDvCVqTtjUKPANEhaB9_S27IvdUM1JFVTVUNlg5SzY2WFA4UVRRNjc2NUszQiQlQCN0PWcu
after registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the login information to join.
- Agenda and more information
- For questions please contact antoinette.Picone@viha.ca
CME: 10.5 MOC Section1(1.5/session) 10.5 Mainpro+ (1.5/session)
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized CME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences.