Please join us for an online session on "Indigenous approach to trauma informed care - ACEs the engine behind intergenerational trauma."
- Dr. Terri Aldred, Dakelh (Carrier) from the Tl’Azt’En Nation, Site Director for the Indigenous Family Medicine Program
- Dr. Gavin Parker - Moderator
- Review of adverse childhood events (ACEs) and the pathophysiology of trauma and its impacts on health.
- Discuss how colonialism, culturally unsafe care, and bias has contributed to an over burden of trauma in Indigenous communities.
- Share a two-eyed seeing approach to supporting trauma informed care with Indigenous people.
How to join:
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized CME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences. The content is tailored to a medical audience and is not intended as public health communication.