Please join us for an online session on cervix screening in BC: Preparing for the transition from cytology (pap test) to HPV primary screening.
- Dr. Gina Ogilvie, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair, Global Control of HPV Related Diseases and Prevention; Professor, School of Population and Public Health, UBC; Associate Director, Women’s Health Research Institute; Senior Public Health Scientist, BC Centre for Disease Control
- Laura Gentile, Operations Director, Cervix Screening and Colon Screening, BC Cancer
- Laurie Smith, Research Program Manager, Global Control HPV Related Diseases/HPV FOCAL
- Moderator: Dr. Lily Proctor, Medical Director, Cervix Screening, BC Cancer
- Describe the evidence and rationale for transitioning to HPV primary screening in BC.
- Identify the HPV collection methods that will be available in BC and their eligibility criteria.
- Explain the possible HPV test results and the recommended follow-up process.
- Describe key messages when discussing HPV test results with patients.
- State where to access available resources for providers and patients.
How to join:
- 1.50 Credits
- 1.50 PD hours
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized CME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences. The content is tailored to a medical audience and is not intended as public health communication.