Overview: The two-day session will cover cultural safety concepts and skills, advanced mental health and assessment practice accompanied by endocrine education to enable providers to take their practice to a more advanced level of care with trans and gender-diverse children and youth, as appropriate. The training will be provided by clinicians from Trans Care BC and BC Children’s Hospital.
Key concepts & schedule of session:
Day 1: 6 pm - 9 pm
- Foundational concepts and skills
- Care of trans and gender diverse youth
Day 2: 9:30 am - 4 pm
- Endocrine Care of Trans Youth with clinical scenarios
- Advanced Practice – Psychosocial/MH assessment with clinical scenarios
Audience: This training is aimed at physicians and other providers who want to increase their capacity to provide care for trans and gender-diverse children and youth.
Location & Other Logistics:
- The training session will be held at the University Hospital of Northern BC (see below); videoconferencing and bridging will be available for providers who are not able to travel to attend the sessions.
- Catering will be provided for those who are attending in person for the two day session.
- For those requiring support for travel, Trans Care BC is able to provide limited travel coverage for select group of physicians through Shared Care funding. Please contact Trans Care BC (see below) for further information.
More Information & Registration
(RSVP by Friday February 22nd)
If you have any questions, please connect with Trans Care BC staff Melissa Enns at email@example.com
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized CME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences.
University Hospital of Northern British Columbia (UHNBC)
1475 Edmonton Street
Prince George V2M 1S2