Specialist Symposium: Shaping the Future of Specialist Care in BC
Objectives: The purpose of this symposium is to create a space to hold substantive discussions and gather feedback from front-line
and champion specialist-physicians around current work underway, and future priorities, including:
- Increasing Efficiencies within the System and Team Based Care: Come and hear from other front-line physician leaders and participate in discussions around how we can make meaningful improvements in care including: Improving patient access to consult and care, efficiencies in patient flow in acute settings, and how virtual, team based care is being used to support rural & remote physicians and patients.
- Provincial Priorities and Core Initiatives in BC: This event will offer participants an opportunity to hear presentations from health systems leaders around large-scale priorities including Patient Medical Homes/Primary Care Networks, Ministry of Health Surgical Strategy and other SSC provincial initiatives.
- Physician Wellness: Hear from local groups currently working on tackling this issue in BC and participate in dialogue to help us answer – What is working? What else needs to be done?
Who should attend:
- All specialists practicing in BC: Although specialist practice styles and care vary substantially across jurisdictions the day will be relevant to any BC specialist.
- System Partners: This includes representation from Health Authorities and the Ministry of Health.
More Information & Registration
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized CME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences.
Sheraton Wall Centre
1088 Burrard Street
Vanouver V6Z 2R9