The Victoria Hospice Palliative Care Intensive (PCI) course offers participants from a broad scope of professional practice a variety of approaches to end-of-life care. This course was designed for physicians, residents, nurses, pharmacists, medical students, and other healthcare professionals interested in palliative care. This course consists of self-directed modules and video lectures to be completed at your own pace starting September 19th, 2022. In addition there is two days of live webinars (November 3 & 4, 2022) with our facilitators in which you will engage in case groups, discussions and activities. Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- Recognize the diversity of people’s experiences at the end of life and apply a variety of approaches to end of life care.
- Summarize the psychosocial approach in End of Life Care and identify interventions across transitions and diseases.
- Integrate personal and professional experiences and apply knowledge and skills.
- Recognize the complexity of psychosocial care including spiritual, cultural and family considerations and impacts on team and self.
- Articulate the role of self in providing psychosocial care including boundaries, intention and impact on self.
- Participate in a learning opportunity that brings professionals with similar interests and unique perspectives together for shared learning.
How to join:
CME: This learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 25 Mainpro+ credits.
Disclaimer: The CME Event Calendar contains information originating from other sources. While every attempt is made to ensure that all information is accurately referenced, we do not guarantee the accuracy, quality or CME accreditation of posted events. Before registering for this event, please refer to the provincially harmonized CME Policy regarding reimbursement requirements for courses and conferences.